- Yusuff Olayode Thursday Dec 01, 2016
Manchester United has been drawn with Hull in the semi-finals of the EFL Cup, and Liverpool will play Southampton.
This is coming after Manchester United disgraced West Ham in a 4-1 thriller at Old Trafford.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Anthony Martial braces ride United to a win.
United will now play the first leg of their semi-final at Old Trafford, and Southampton, who broke an age-long record with Arsenal on Wednesday, will be at war with Liverpool on 9 and 23 January 2017.
However, Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho, who was banned from the field, has said his team would forget about EPL until next year.
“The two legs take a little bit of emotion out of the draw, because the situation of playing away or home doesn't exist anymore," said the Portuguese.
“I’m sure City have an amazing memory from Wembley and I'm sure they'll try everything to be there again.
“Manchester United were at Wembley last season. It's January so now we forget this semi-final, but hopefully we can reach the final.”
Key stats as provided by BBC - Martial hammers West Ham again...
- Manchester United have lost only one of their past 25 home League Cup games against fellow top-flight sides, winning 23 and drawing one, since losing 2-1 against Chelsea in January 2005
- West Ham have won just two of their past 12 away games against top-flight opposition in the League Cup, losing 10
- Anthony Martial has scored more goals against West Ham for Manchester United than any other opponent (five)
- Former Manchester United player Ashley Fletcher scored his first goal for West Ham United in his 11th appearance
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored 11 goals in all competitions for Manchester United - more than twice as many as any other Red Devils player this season
- Ibrahimovic has netted five goals in his past four appearances, after a run of six games without one.